faq: How Our Pre-Order Offers Work
Welcome to the Music Preservation Society Web Store.
MPS primarily offer Crowd Funded, PRE-ORDER Vinyl Records containing Rare and sought after Electronic Music on Vinyl licensed directly from the Labels and Artists - The only stock we hold are the ltd remaining quantities of our manufacturing runs, or if demand for a repress warrants us doing so.
The Pre-Order Process works as follows:
- Titles are offered to the public once all masters and art have been prepared.
- When you Pre-Order you will pay at time the of purchase including shipping which will reserve your copy (copies).
- The offers typically run for two weeks to allow us to gauge demand before we commence the manufacturing process.
- There is no limit on how many you can order during the pre-order phase. We will make enough to cover all orders even if there is an under run at the factory (+/- 10%).
- If less than 100 copies are pre-ordered, the project will be deemed as not financially viable. In this instance all participants will be fully refunded.
- No Refunds can be made once manufacturing has commenced. Projects are group funded and only the amount ordered plus 10% will be made.
- Turnaround time is typically circa 10 weeks from the Pre-Order going live, however there may be seasonal variations.
- Occasionally the manufacturing process can encounter problems which delay delivery. We regularly announce manufacturing updates via our Facebook Group.
- Once we commit to the pressing run we will leave any remaining amount available to pre-order until sold out and move on to the next batch of Pre-Order Offers.
- RETURNS - IF AN ITEM IS FAULTY WHEN DELIVERED PLEASE RETURN TO SENDER AND WE CAN REFUND OR REPLACE FOR YOU. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
I know it's essential as a customer shopping online. If there are any problems at all, I am contactable by phone, email and post 5 days a week. firstname.lastname@example.org
So here is my promise to you:
- Your Pre-Order Money is safe and will never be used until manufacturing is commenced and for shipping your item(s) to you.
- That if a project does not meet the minimum orders required (100) to be financially viable, you will be given an immediate, full refund at the end of pre-order phase.
- Mastering will always be done by a professional to the highest standards from Original Digital Masters with the permission of the Rights Owners.
- If we have to restore from vinyl, as masters are lost, we will state it clearly.
- The Vinyl pressing will be top quality made from virgin vinyl. We won't accept second best.
- We will always inform you if anything goes wrong in the manufacturing process (occasionally it can) causing a delay in delivery.
- Your package will always be sent in brand new mailers with a stiffener by a reliable postal service with proof of postage retained.
- Our Return Policy is fair and respects your Consumer Rights. (Once manufacturing commences no refund can be offered on Pre Orders)
- To answer your enquiries as quickly as possible (we aim to reply with in two working days)
After checkout we cannot combine your orders but if contacted we give free shipping on the second order if being delivered at the same time. If you do need to change your order please contact us with your Order Number.
Uninsured shipping is at your own risk as is claiming back any compensation if not insured.